Meet Shane Melanson – Dad, Husband, Developer, Investor, and Cash Flow Specialist
Does any of this familiar?
- I work hard and have money to invest in real estate. I own a few residential properties, but I’m not getting ahead. I feel like I have a 2nd job managing tenants and the small amount of monthly cash flow isn’t passive and doesn’t justify the work.
- I’m not any closer to replacing my income with rental income.
- If one of my tenants moves out, my cash flow goes to 0. I can’t see how investing in residential homes (or townhouses or condos) could create financial certainty.
- I’d like to invest in larger commercial deals– but I’m not sure where to start? Who to trust or how to find good opportunities?
- How much money would I need to invest in a multi-million dollar commercial property?
- Commercial real estate sounds complicated and risky. It seems like it’s reserved for the big boys. How can I compete with pension funds or life companies with billions?
- How would I structure my deals to raise enough money to buy larger commercial properties? What do I say when we meet? What do they expect? Where do I find them? What do I show them?
If any of this sounds familiar, I get it.
When I started investing in real estate, my first house a 1 and half story 1948 war time house in Calgary. For 5 years I worked my ass off renovating, renting and flipping residential properties to make money.
Over time, I moved up to building spec homes and then holding on to houses and doing long term rentals.
I was sold the dream: invest in real estate and retire in 5 years.
Well, that didn’t happen. I was a millionaire on paper at 30, but I was miserable and working 2 full time jobs- my day job as a commercial lender and nights and weekends flipping properties.
It wasn’t until I met a mentor (now my father-in-law) who showed me how to invest in commercial real estate.
He taught me a systematic way for finding the right properties. Then, how to raise millions from investors and assemble the right teams to execute our business plan.
Today, I am not retired (I still actively invest), but each property I invest in has the potential to earn 7-figures+. I wake up loving what I do.
I no longer work for anyone (and have been on my own since age 30). There is still work to get to my dream, where I have enough net worth that I chose who I work with and when.
In my experience there are very few real estate investors who actually have the dream of complete stress free financial independence.
When you know what to look for and what I consider financial certainty- it becomes clear that just because you have a portfolio of $10M or $20M in real estate holdings, it may not equate to having enough passive cash flow to stop working. Depending on your debt and the amount of cash generated from your assets- will determine how much passive income is left at the end of the month.
I have dedicated the last 10+ years of my life helping others find the right commercial assets to invest in to escape the need for trading time for money.
I have returned my partners and investors tens of millions in cash flow and profits.
Today, I’m focused on helping professionals who work hard and earn good money do the same.
I find the impact of helping someone create enough passive income to replace their job extremely fulfilling. Helping someone worth $50M earn an additional $5M is nice and it pays well- but, it rarely changes their life.
When I help an investor, like Dan, buy his first retail plaza and earn $6,500/month in passive income plus have his mortgage paid down an additional $7,600/month – it really is life changing.
Dan, a successful doctor, is 1 commercial property away from replacing his income.
He could retire and travel with his wife and kids.
If you’d like to learn how to find these types of commercial properties and raise enough money to invest in larger real estate projects (like commercial deals- Retail properties, Multifamily or Industrial buildings) I encourage you to download my my latest book.